If you are a pet parent who follows the AVMA/WSAVA/AAHA or any veterinarian or veterinary school’s VACCINE schedule, here are some facts you need to know and understand to make an informed decision.
1. I understand that the pharmaceutical company who made this vaccine has LITTLE/NO liability (1).
2. I understand that this vaccine contains neurotoxins such as aluminum that far exceeds "safe levels" deemed by the EPA (2).
3. I understand that this vaccines contains carcinogenic ingredients (look up the ingredients listed on the vaccine insert some of which can be found on the CDCs own website).
- keep in mind as products most vaccine companies use proprietary formulas which means companies are under no obligation to share the ingredients of their product to consumers
4. I understand that this vaccine was possibly made from aborted fetal cell lines (4).
5. I understand that getting this vaccine does not ensure that my companion will be protected from the disease (5, 6, 7)
6. I understand that my companion could get the very disease s/he was vaccinated for (7, 8).
7. The actual disease I would be vaccinating against has less chance of death or life altering consequences than the actual side effects of the vaccine itself
8. I understand that my companion could be a carrier of the disease s/he was vaccinated for and spread it ("shedding") for up to six weeks and in some cases 1 year after vaccination (9, 10).
9. I understand that my veterinarian may get monetarily rewarded for having a high percentage of his/her patients who are fully vaccinated (11,12).
10. I understand that if my companion is injured by a vaccine, my veterinarian would have to spend an exorbitant amount of hours filling out paper work in order to report it and will most likely dismiss any claims. I understand, I will most likely need to disregard my vet and report the injury myself (13,14, 15).
11. I understand I have the right to sue the vaccine company, but it may take lots of time, money and resources to even prove the vaccine was the cause (1, 16, 17, 18)
12. I understand that my veterinarian has little incentive to fill out paperwork for a vaccine injury (15).
13. I understand that vaccine injury is under-reported (15, 19).
14. I understand there is no clear definition as to what a vaccine injury is (19, 20)
15. I understand a vaccine injury can occur immediately up to years down the road (21)
16. I understand that vaccine mandates (like the rabies mandates) literally hand over new customers to pharmaceutical companies (like SB277 and SB792 in CA) (22, 23)
17. I understand that pharmaceutical companies have no incentive to make their product better (24, 25).
18. I understand that pharmaceutical companies spend up to 19x more on advertising than they do on research (24).
19. I understand that corporate media gets 70% of their advertising revenue from pharmaceutical companies (26).
20. I understand that corporate media does not want to lose revenue, certainly not 70% of it.
21. I understand that when pharmaceutical companies conduct a study (on their own product) it
is in their best interest to have a favorable outcome (27, 28).
22. Vaccines are not research effective because they are not subjected to double-blind placebo controlled studies using a saline solution that is the standard for evidence-based medicine. Vaccinations are tested against other vaccinations, adjuvants, and complex vaccinations – this not only yields inaccurate results but altered and inaccurate safety data (27, 28, 29).
23. I understand that this vaccine could cause injury or death, and my companion could be one of them (21, 30, 31, 32).
24. My veterinarian has informed me on all the risks and side effects and has reviewed the vaccine insert (not the single sheet of paper they have hanging on the bulletin board) with me.
25. I understand that if my companion dies from this vaccine I will not be awarded little/any money to recoup emotional or physical losses. My companion is merely property (18).
26. I am making an informed choice to vaccinate my companion.
If your companion has suffered there unfortunately is no federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) for animals as there is for humans, nor is there a National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).”
If there is an adverse reaction it is recommended
You first tell your vet and have them request that they report to the injury or death to the USDA.
If your veterinarian does not report the injury or death, you should personally report it to the USDA.
You should also report it to the vaccine manufacturer.
Furthermore according to the FDA on reporting animal vaccines contact the USDA APHIS Center for Veterinary Biologics at (800) 752-6255
Fisher, Barbara Loe. “No Pharma Liability? No Vaccine Mandates - NVIC Newsletter.” National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), 2 Mar. 2011, www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/March-2011/No-Pharma-Liability--No-Vaccine-Mandates-.aspx.
Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children, Committee on Nutrition,American Academy of Pediatrics, Pediatrics Volume 97, Number 3 March, 1996, pp. 413-416
“Vaccination Liberation Information.” The Fallacy Of Vaccination, 22 May 2017, www.vaclib.org/basic/embryo.htm.
“Feline Leukemia Virus.” College of Veterinary Medicine, 23 July 2018, www2.vet.cornell.edu/departments-centers-and-institutes/cornell-feline-health-center/health-information/feline-health-topics/feline-leukemia-virus.
PFIZER INC. PFIZER ANIMAL HEALTH. FELOCELL ® 4 Feline Rhinotracheitis-Calici-Panleukopenia-Chlamydia Psittaci Vaccine. FELOCELL ® 4 Feline Rhinotracheitis-Calici-Panleukopenia-Chlamydia Psittaci Vaccine, PFIZER ANIMAL HEALTH, 2011.
Zoetis. Feline Leukemia Vaccine Killed Virus Leukocell® 2. Feline Leukemia Vaccine Killed Virus Leukocell® 2, Zoetis.
Gopinathan, Lakshmi, et al. “Different Mechanisms of Vaccine-Induced and Infection-Induced Immunity to Bordetella Bronchiseptica.” NeuroImage, Academic Press, 12 Jan. 2007, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1286457907000251.
Freisl, M, et al. “Faecal Shedding of Canine Parvovirus after Modified-Live Vaccination in Healthy Adult Dogs.” Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Jan. 2017, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28093104.
“DISEASE INFORMATION FACT SHEET Bordetella Bronchiseptica.” Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, vol. 15, no. 5, 2013, pp. 425–428., doi:10.1177/1098612x13486234.
Rhee, Joseph, et al. “Some Veterinarians Sell Unnecessary Shots, Tests to Make Extra Money, Says Former Vet.” ABC News, ABC News Network, 22 Nov. 2013, abcnews.go.com/US/veterinarians-sell-unnecessary-shots-tests-make-extra-money/story?id=20967672.
Fairbrother, G et al. “The Impact of Physician Bonuses, Enhanced Fees, and Feedback on Childhood Immunization Coverage Rates.” American Journal of Public Health 89.2 (1999): 171–175. Print.
Medicine, Center for Veterinary. “Report a Problem - Veterinary Adverse Event Reporting for Manufacturers.” U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, 21 June 2018, www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/safetyhealth/reportaproblem/ucm212682.htm.
AVMA. “ Reporting Adverse Events.” Avma.org, Apr. 2017, www.avma.org/KB/Resources/Reference/Pages/Reporting-Adverse-Events.aspx.
Day, M J, et al. “GUIDELINES FOR THE VACCINATION OF DOGS AND CATS.” World Small Animal Veterinary Association, Journal of Small Animal Practice, Jan. 2016, www.wsava.org/WSAVA/media/PDF_old/WSAVA-Vaccination-Guidelines-2015-Full-Version.pdf.
Rasmusen, Jan. “Why Vets Don't Recognize Vaccine Reactions.” Dogs Naturally Magazine, Dogs Naturally Magazine, 17 July 2018, www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/why-vets-dont-recognize-vaccine-reactions/.
Cornell Law School. “42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 - Standards of Responsibility.” LII / Legal Information Institute, Legal Information Institute, www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-22.
Pusateri, Sarah. “Dead Dog and 'Parents' Sue Vet for Malpractice.” WUSF News, 16 Jan. 2013, wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/dead-dog-and-parents-sue-vet-malpractice.
“Vaccine Adverse Reactions.” AAHA, 2017, www.aaha.org/guidelines/canine_vaccination_guidelines/vaccine_adverse_reactions.aspx.
Sharockman , Aaron. “What CDC Statistics Say about Vaccine-Related Illnesses, Injuries and Death.” @Politifact, 3 Feb. 2015, www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/feb/03/bob-sears/what-cdc-statistics-say-about-vaccine-illnesses-in/.
O'Driscoll, Catherine. “Canine Health Concern Vaccine Survey – How Vaccines Harm Our Dogs.” Canine Health Concern, 8 Mar. 2017, caninehealthconcern.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/canine-health-concern-vaccine-survey-how-vaccines-harm-our-dogs/.
Mello, M M, et al. “Pharmaceutical Companies' Role in State Vaccination Policymaking: the Case of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination.” Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports., U.S. National Library of Medicine, May 2012, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22420796.
Ornstein, Charles, et al. “Drug-Company Payments Mirror Doctors' Brand-Name Prescribing.” NPR, NPR, 17 Mar. 2016, www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/03/17/470679452/drug-company-payments-mirror-doctors-brand-name-prescribing.
Sarich, Christina. “Pharma Companies Spend 19x More on Marketing than Research, and Returns Are Dropping.” Natural Society, 21 Dec. 2016, naturalsociety.com/research-development-new-drugs-not-paying-off-6321/.
Ventola, C. Lee. “Direct-to-Consumer Pharmaceutical Advertising: Therapeutic or Toxic?” Pharmacy and Therapeutics 36.10 (2011): 669–684. Print.
Meininger, Elissa. “BIG PHARMA Is Funding the Media Bashing of Our President...” BolenReport, 7 July 2017, bolenreport.com/big-pharma-funding-media-bashing-president/.
Angell, Marcia. “Developing Cures or Hyping Up Demand?” The New York Times, The New York Times, 16 Dec. 2013, www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/12/15/is-the-drug-industry-developing-cures-or-hyping-up-demand/companies-shoud-have-no-role-in-testing-their-drugs.
Lexchin, Joel et al. “Pharmaceutical Industry Sponsorship and Research Outcome and Quality: Systematic Review.” BMJ : British Medical Journal326.7400 (2003): 1167. Print.
Fisher, Barbara Loe. “21st Century Cures Act Eliminates Vaccine Safety Science - NVIC Newsletter.” National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), 21 July 2015, www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/July-2015/21st-century-cures-act-eliminates-good-science.aspx.
Ortloff A, Moran G, Olavarria A, Folch H. J SMALL ANIM PRACT 51:499-502, 2010.
“Effects of Vaccination on the Endocrine and Immune Systems of Dogs, Phase II”, Purdue University, November 1,1999, at http://www.homestead.com/vonhapsburg/haywardstudyonvaccines.html
Jordan, Patricia. Vaccinosis, the Mark of the Beast. e-Book.